This bridge borders our property and forms part of the Lichway (also know as the ‘way of the dead’) However, this is not just any ordinary bridge. it was built by Germen prisoners of war in 1946, over what was the Standon Steps. The Standon steps were constructed to allow sufficient room for two corpse-bearers to cross abreast rather than fore and aft, a very necessary safety measure. It is also the setting for the ”Willsworthy Ghost’ myth. Please click the link below to read more!